- The latest Madden NFL 24 update fixes various bugs and issues that players have noticed since the game’s launch.
- The update addresses problems in multiple game modes, such as Franchise, Superstar, and Madden Ultimate Team, with fixes for issues like incorrect halftime show teams.
- The patch also includes NFL authenticity improvements, with updated face scans and touchdown celebrations. The gameplay has been tweaked, including changes to interceptions and pass-catching mechanics to decrease dropped interceptions and undesired catch-drops.
EA has released a new Madden NFL 24 update that fixes many issues with the game. Since Madden NFL 24 launched, players have noticed many bugs in the game, but lots have been adjusted with updates, including today’s.
Among the bugs that Madden NFL 24 players have noticed since it launched are players clipping through the field, strange camera cuts, and server stability errors. Beyond several similarities with earlier installments, there are issues that have pervaded over the years like bugs that are still in Madden NFL 24. These include a draft bug that causes identical player appearances, and players trading for nothing in Superstar mode. Although not all of these have been addressed by the latest update, many problems have been ironed out.
The new Madden NFL 24 update revealed by EA adds to what the September and October updates already fixed. Several modes have been adjusted, including Franchise, Superstar, and Madden Ultimate Team. Notable Franchise Mode bugs that were fixed include the half-time show featuring the wrong teams and scores, a rare crash caused by incomplete player data, and news story text issues. Madden Ultimate Team saw the most attention in the update, with nine fixes and improved objective screen loads. Superstar Mode stability has been optimized, while bugs like Showdown server errors, and unchanging OVR and abilities have been resolved.
NFL authenticity has improved with the patch, with updated face scans and touchdown celebrations being added. Madden NFL 24 previously had an issue where safeties and cornerbacks flipped assignments when covering three tight ends, but that’s among the patch’s gameplay improvements. 185 NFL player portraits have received updates, and the UI transitions are a key focus of the Madden NFL 24 November update. The patch also lowered the ratings sweet spot for catching interceptions in Madden NFL 24 competitive games to make dropping interceptions less common.
While the Madden NFL 24 roster gets updated more regularly, patches focusing on bug fixes like this are necessary. Because the game has gotten some negative reviews based on these issues, the patch may see some returning fans. Given that the face scans and touchdown celebrations involve NFL player motion capture, more may be added to the game in a future Madden NFL 24 update.
November 2 Patch Notes
- Gen 4 Player Experience: Since our last title update, some players have reported slower experience on Gen 4. The MUT team has made adjustments across the entire MUT Hub to improve loading and transition times for all platforms.
- Tuning to lower the ratings threshold for catching interceptions on the Competitive game style to decrease the number of dropped interceptions.
- Dev note: This applies to open catches, since physical contact with a player or the ball can still cause the ball to be knocked out.
- Fixed an issue causing undesired catch-drops when the QB would get hit during or shortly after throwing the ball.
- Dev note: In our September Title Update, we included a fix to decrease the chance for defenders to catch the ball quickly after a QB pass out of a hit, but that fix had the unintended result of decreasing the chance to catch passes during or after a QB hit globally. In response, we are backing that change out of the game to return catch-chances to previous values. This will temporarily re-introduce situations that allow pass rushers to sometimes catch the ball when the QB throws out of a hit, but we plan to refine that logic without impacting the global catch-chance in an upcoming title update.
- Fixed an issue causing the curl-flat defender in 3-4 Odd SS Trap 2 to align on the wrong side of the field against empty sets.
- Fixed an issue causing safeties and cornerbacks to have flipped assignments when covering offensive formations with 3 tight ends.
- Fixed an issue allowing the ball carrier to have no fumble chance when diving; after this fix, ball carriers will have a higher risk of fumbling when diving into traffic.
- Increased the size of the Passing Accuracy meter.
- Fixed an issue sometimes allowing unblocked defenders when using block-and-release routes in empty formations.
- Dev note: Eligible receivers with a block-and-release assignment will not go out into their route until they have at least made contact with the blitzing defender that they are targeting. The blocker will stay in the engagement for a very short period of time, then release on his route.
- Fixed a rare issue causing players engaged in a block to freeze on the field for the rest of the play.
- NFL games scheduled in Germany will be played at Deutsche Bank Park.
- Fixed an issue where the Weekly Strategy selection would reset to default after completing a Mini-Game with a focus player.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur in game when a player from a downloaded draft class would occasionally have incomplete player data.
- Fixed an issue where the halftime report during the game would sometimes show the wrong teams/scores.
- Various News story text bug fixes.
Madden Ultimate Team
- Fixed an issue where some users would receive a server error when entering MUT.
- Fixed an issue where the New Item Flow would occasionally not appear after making a purchase from the direct purchase panel.
- Fixed an issue where some users would receive a blank rewards flow screen.
- Fixed an issue with bundles purchased from the direct purchase panel that would require the user to back out of MUT and return to see the packs from the bundle in their unopened packs.
- Improved loading times in and out of objectives screen.
- Fixed a bug where some sets that were not described as returning items incorrectly displayed the “Returned on Completion” icon.
- Fixed a bug that caused the new items flow to incorrectly display rewards if more than 35 rewards were present.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to not receive rewards after playing MUT Champs.
- Fixed a Playstation 5 specific bug that linked the user to the wrong location from the PlayStation home screen field pass link.
- Fixed a bug that caused the top 100 tab to not populate after finishing a Solo Battle.
- Various visual improvements and bug fixes within the MUT menus.
- Fixed an issue with UI where a different position save is seen on Superstar loadout screen.
- Fixed an issue where OVR and abilities did not change after Avatar reset.
- Fixed an issue where Franchise PS5 Activity began when Combine started.
- Fixed UI interface where the Rotate button was not visible in Avatar Creation Hub.
- Fixed UI interface where the Speed Boost reward had no icon in Level Path.
- Fixed various issues with stability.
- Fixed an issue in Showdown where button hints flash repeatedly on the Ready Up screen.
- Updated Featured Deals tile in Showdown.
- Fixed an issue with server error showing up when entering Showdown.
- Fixed an issue preventing the celebration wheel from displaying after a user sack in the end zone in Superstar Showdown.
- Added Randy Moss’s Signature TD Celebration.
- Updated D.J. Chark’s signature TD celebration.
- Updated Oakley Visor tabs to match the new updated style being used this season on-field.
- Fixed clipping issues seen on Adidas Adizero Primeknit cleats.
- Fixed an issue with the seam pattern on Lions jerseys.
- Updated hair style for Eagles WR A.J. Brown.
- Added new Face scans into game:
- Sam Howell – Commanders QB
- Cam Smith – Dolphins CB
- De’Von Achane – Dolphins HB
- Trenton Simpson – Ravens MLB
- Isiah Pacheco – Chiefs HB
- Chris Jones – Chiefs DT
- Shaquille Leonard – Colts LB
- Added Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt, Germany to support NFL Frankfurt Games.
- Fixed issue with injured starting QBs appearing during pregame tunnel runouts.
- Fixed issue with incorrect text appearing on stats banner while in pregame studio set.
Dev note: The team has made many updates since launch and is happy to report this is our last update about prioritization of UI transitions. The team has been working on improvements since launch optimizing high-traffic screens inside of Ultimate Team, Superstar, and Franchise.
- Player Portraits – Updated 185 player portraits.
- Stability – Various stability updates.
- Commentary support for Deutsche Bank Park.
- Updated crowd assets for Deutsche Bank Park.
Madden NFL 24
$35 $70 Save $35
EA’s Madden NFL 24 is the company’s 2023 iteration of the long-running football franchise. Incorporating SAPIEN technology along with improvements in FieldSENSE and AI, Madden NFL 24 features most of the series’ staples like Franchise and Ultimate Team.