WWE 2K22 was released on March 11 after a two-and-a-half-year absence. WWE 2K20 was riddled with bugs and issues when it launched, so developer Visual Concepts took an extra year to work on WWE 2K22. 2K Sports released WWE 2K Battlegrounds in 2020 as a part of the annual release schedule, although this game was vastly different from the mainline series.
WWE 2K22 was mainly well-received by critics and fans, and many consider it a big step in the right direction. It features a new control scheme that will likely lay the foundation for future games and added the highly-requested MyGM mode. Visual Concepts continues to release new updates for WWE 2K22 to fix bugs and make gameplay improvements, and the latest update focuses on the most popular requests from the community.
Patch 1.12 for WWE 2K22 is now live on all platforms. It adds several new playable characters to the game, including Shinsuke Nakamura, Alexa Bliss ’20, King Booker, and Shawn Michaels ’18. It should be noted that alternate versions of some of these WWE Superstars were playable at launch. The ones added in this update appeared in the MyRise game mode but were not playable until today. The update also adds support for DLC 2, which is included in the Season Pass of WWE 2K22.
The patch notes list fixes for crashes and glitches in WWE 2K22, in addition to some gameplay refinements. Visuals Concepts made adjustments to some moves to improve the collision and targeting systems, and the developer also added several Signatures and Finishers to the game. Other fixes address clipping bugs that happen when playing with a created superstar and a crash that can occur during the Kendo Karnage storyline in MyRise.
The new characters are the highlight of this update, as fans can now play as them in the various game modes of WWE 2K22. Many fans complained about the strange omission of superstars like Dominik Dijakovic, especially since they made an appearance in MyRise but were not playable outside it.
Every update released by 2K Sports seems significant in its own way. WWE 2K22’s Patch 1.09 added the NXT 2.0 Arena and the option to compete for tag team titles in MyGM mode, and version 1.12 brings more highly-requested features. Judging by some replies to the Tweet, it appears WWE 2K22 has more bugs that need fixing, and 2K Sports hopefully addresses them as soon as possible.
The full list of changes made in WWE 2K22 Patch Update 1.12 is as follows:
- Added the following Superstars as playable throughout the game
Alexa Bliss ’20
Shawn Michaels ’18
- Support for upcoming DLC 2 release
- Several stability improvements
- Various adjustments to moves to improve collision and targeting
- Fixed warping and deforming when performing Elbow Drop
- Added several moves to Signature and Finisher categories
- Fixed a bug that would allow attributes to be set higher than 100
- Fixed a bug that would allow roll outs to occur during certain handicap matches
- Fixed bugs that would cause certain springboards to not be in sync when playing Elimination Chamber matches
- Fixed a bug that would cause Superstars to “float” when performing various attacks on the ladder
- Improved barricade hit reactions
- Fixed bugs that caused weapon damage to sometimes not register correctly
- Fixed a bug that prevented Middle Rope finishers from functioning
- Fixed a crash that can occur when playing a 4way tornado tag match
- Added a descriptions PC Graphics settings
- Improved stability when accepting invites throughout the title.
- Fixed issue which prevented downloading of Superstars based on shared crowd signs.
- Various tweaks and improvements to CAS parts to improve clipping bugs
- Crash fix for editing base custom side plates when lettering has been applied to them
- Fix a crash that can occur when copying side plates after making changes to them
- Fixed a crash that can occur during the Kendo Karnage storyline
- Fixed a bug that prevented minor shows from being created
- Fixed a crash that can occur when transitioning from the edit superstar menus in Universe and Create a Moveset
- Fixed a crash when deleting custom images that are in use within Universe modes
WWE 2K22 is now available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.