Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands received its first piece of paid DLC, called Coiled Captors, last month. While the base game appears to have been well-received by many players, Coiled Captors was criticized for its lack of content. Many users think that Coiled Captors is too short to be paid content and a part of the season pass for Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
Some Borderlands fans also criticized the overall class balance in the game. Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands launched with six playable classes and gave players an option to add a secondary class later on. Clawbringer was widely considered to be the least effective class at launch, and a Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands update in April nerfed it even further. It received buffs in another update at a later date, and Gearbox has just released a patch that further improves Clawbringer, along with another class.
The latest update for Tina Tiny’s Wonderlands buffs Stabbomancer and Clawbringer and adds a new limited-time event. Gearbox states that the damage output of the Stabbomancer and Clawbringer classes was not up to par for the higher Chaos tiers. This update buffs both classes, with the potential of more changes being introduced to all classes in the future. All changes listed in the patch notes went live today at 9:30 AM PT.
The new patch adjusts the damage output of Warped Paradigm, reducing the stat bonus from 50% to 35%. Additionally, the update increases the damage scaling of Torgue shotguns and buffs some legendary Shotguns in Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. Overall, the update aims to buff underperforming classes and weapons instead of nerfing overpowered equipment.
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands’ new in-game event will remain active from May 5 to May 19 at 9:00 AM PT. It’s called Supreme Savings, and players can get SDUs and Vending Machines items at half price for the whole week. SDUs increase the total ammo capacity of specific weapon types, in addition to increasing the maximum loot players can carry. Furthermore, mission items will have a higher chance of being featured at the Vending Machines in Tina Tiny’s Wonderlands.
The post also mentions that this week’s Chaos Chamber Featured Run includes LeChange and Blue Hat Monstrosity. Chaos Chamber is the new endgame activity in Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands for players who want to grind for loot. Every Featured Run is the same for all players, with new ones being rotated every Thursday at 9:00 AM PT.
The full patch notes for the latest Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands update are as follows:
Weekly Event! This in-game, limited-time mini-event will be active from May 5 to May 19 at 9:00 AM PT.
- Activated the In-Game Mini Event: Supreme Savings
- Vending Machines and SDUs are half price this week, along with Mission Items having a higher chance at being the item of the day!
The Chaos Chamber’s Featured Run has been updated! A locally-sourced, artisanal run, handmade just for you. The Leaderboard have been reset. Will you top the charts this week?
Featured Runs are available in the Chaos Chamber after you’ve completed the main story, and rotate weekly every Thursday at 9:00 AM PT. They’re the same for all players, so jump in and see how your run went compared to other Fatemakers!
- This run features LeChange and Blue Hat Monstrosity. Get ready to take on a new preset run in the Chaos Chamber!
- Tore down unintended collision in Tangledrift
- Bonuses from Smart Armor would occasionally be lost when in Save Your Soul or during level transitions
We found that Stabbomancer and Clawbringer were not matching up with our damage expectations for higher Chaos Tiers. These are a few changes that we were able to release now, and we anticipate more changes based on what we’ve seen from the community in the future. We are continuing to monitor and investigate improvements to underperforming and overperforming classes and how they interact.
- Increased Ethereal Blade to deal 150% of the Fatemaker’s Melee Weapon damage instead of 100%
- Ghost Blade Weapon Damage increased by +10%
- Awe Critical Hit Chance is now 13% per point instead of 11%
- Awe Critical Hit Damage is 7% per point instead of 5%
- Dragon Aura Elemental Damage now 5% instead of 4%
- Oath of Thunder deals 6% bonus melee damage per point instead of 5%
- Firebolt: Gun damage is now 10% per point instead of 8%
We found that the Warped Paradigm was increasing damage outside of the expected range that we balanced it for. We’ve adjusted it down slightly to make sure it wasn’t creeping too far out of those expectations.
- Adjusted Warped Paradigm’s stat conversion from 50% to 35%
- Increased all Torgue gun manufacturer Damage Scaling by 17.6%
- Increased Fire Rate by 75%
- Increased Damage Scaling by 10%
- Swordsplosion now spawns with at least one Foregrip part. This will not affect current versions of the weapon.
- Increased Swordsplosion projectile speed by 150%
- Increased Swordsplosion’s Fire Rate by 194%
- Increased Swordsplosion’s Damage Scaling by 14%
Reign of Arrows
- Adjusted Reign of Arrows area damage tick time from 0.2 seconds to 0.25 seconds
The elemental effect chance was very low for how many projectiles get fired per shot.
- Increased Crossblade weapon Status Effect Chance by 100%. Note: Each Crossblade blade always has a chance to apply its damage over time
Die-Vergent (Coiled Captors)
- Increased Die-Vergent Damage scaling by 20%
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.