There are lot of free games floating around there right now, from Epic’s weekly freebies to publisher promos on Steam, GOG sale giveaways, and more. But staying on top of them all can be a real chore, and you might be missing out on some good stuff.
So we here at PC Gamer have decided to help, with this running list of every free game that crosses our screens. The goal is to help you find and claim games that usually cost money, so free-to-keep and temporary promotions will be included and noted as such, but free-to-play games and others that are normally free won’t be—for that, be sure to take a look at our categorized breakdown of the best free PC games.
So, here’s what we’ve got:
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger – Western FPS with an unreliable narrator, part of Techland’s 30th anniversary sale. (Steam, ends December 14)
Free to keep:
- Cave Story’s Secret Santa – A Christmas-themed Cave Story spin-off “created in cooperation with Studio Pixel” according to Nicalis. (Steam, GOG)
The games on Prime Gaming aren’t technically free, since you need to be a subscriber in order to take advantage. But there’s a lot on offer if you are, including in-game loot and starter packs for free-to-play games, so it’s worth keeping tabs on. Prime Gaming is included with Amazon Prime at $13 per month, or $120 per year; links to all included freebies are available at amazon.com.
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Origin, ends Jan 1)
- Football Manager 2021 (ends Jan 1)
- Frostpunk (GOG, ends Jan 4)
- Journey to the Savage Planet (ends Jan 4)
- Morkredd (ends Jan 4)
- Spellcaster University (ends Jan 4)
- Youtubers Life (ends Jan 4)
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (ends Jan 4)
- Tales of Monkey Island (ends Jan 4)
We’ll keep this list as comprehensive as we can, but if you spot something we haven’t, let us know in the comments.